One hour later... 11 a.m.
Noontime:
1 p.m. - the sun was not giving us as strong of a shadow but you can still see it is clearly at 1 p.m.
2 p.m.This activity was SO much fun... my daughters were truly amazed at the fact that time can be measured by simple tools and the sun.
Sundials used to be a staple in every mother's garden... so that is exactly where we put ours.
I'd love to hear how you and your children have been spending your time today... ;)~

I love this and bummed that i do not have the June guide i have so many of the other ones.. We have been celebrating Solstice with our Nature Club with music, flowers and making Seashell necklaces, hikes and sun!!!
ReplyDeleteCool Eileen - can't wait to have a backyard to do this.
ReplyDeleteNamaste, Nicole
Love the sundial!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this activity!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and happy summer solstice.
Warm wishes, tonya
What a lovely idea, cannot wait to make one, my children will LOVE this...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
This is the coolest thing ever, I so have to do this!
ReplyDelete