Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fairy Forest Silk Scene

We had some fun with our silks the other day and created this beautiful enchanted fairy forest. When my girls come home from school I encourage them to engage in creative free play for awhile to shake off their day.
Deep inside the forest lives a wise old gnome.

And fairies hunting for magical flowers.
Rainbows, bumblebees and clear blue waters.
If you're lucky you may find the fairies home.

Isn't is amazing what we can create together with simple toys and silks? Take time today to set up a playscene with your children. If you do, leave a link in the comments to inspire others to do the same!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'll have to show these to my daughter. She loves all her silks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful for your children to come home to an enchanted playscape!! inspiring and FUN!!
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My three year old had her last day of preschool yesterday. WE spent this morning building an elaborate birthday party and land for her favorite polly pocket, farm animals, and several small dolls.
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only mama who spends that after school de-compressing time playing in the backyard and setting up magical playscapes instead of scheduled after school sports/activities.
    : )

    Love the silk tree and sun!

    fondly,
    pink and green mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful play scape, this is my children's favorite thing to do, especially during siester time to surprise me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete