Monday, May 17, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set.... GO!!!!

This past weekend we attended our first track and field event. The girls were so excited and it was a beautiful sunny (but cool enough) day for it.
There were eight or nine parochial schools competing ranging from grades K-8. Keira chose to run the 200 meter among other events and she did great!
She has made so many good friends since we began this new school. At one time, I wasn't sure if we had made the right decision ... but as I stepped back, I realized that it was *me* over-thinking and over-analyzing - comparing it to *my* perfect ideal.... when truly, my girls are thriving - happy - engaged and excited about their new school and friendships.

I had to stop myself and the flow of constant worry and thoughts... and truly watch my children to see - that they are exactly where they are supposed to be at this moment in their life.

Best of all, they are together - on the bus - in the hallways - at concerts, sporting events.... having them all in the same small school is supporting our family values and the importance we place on sibling love and closeness.
Maia, being so little, did the 50 meter and two field events - the softball throw and the broad jump. She loved it.... she loved spending the day with family and friends. We kept a very fun and non-competitive attitude about the day and so did the girls.
Maia kept looking over and me giving me the thumbs up and smiling before her race. She was ready to go!
And she did a great job!
I hope you all were able to enjoy the sunshine and find the imperfect perfection in your life this weekend as well!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This looks great--I've really been enjoying your May curriculum so far!

    ReplyDelete