Thursday, May 20, 2010

National Spanish Honor Society

Tonight my oldest daughter got inducted into the National Spanish Honor Society.

It is such a huge accomplishment and I am so very proud of her. She just amazes me with how smart and talented she is.

Sitting in the audience, I was brought back to another time when I sat and watched her on stage - five years old - singing in a holiday play all dressed in red... I remembered her asking me that night, so very long ago, if she could wear lipstick for the first time. I remember putting red lipstick on her before the show... her little face lit up and stayed that way the whole night.

Then I snapped back to Now.... looking up on stage again, watching my sixteen year old beautiful daughter - almost a woman - being honored. She doesn't have to ask to wear lipstick anymore. She just does. Millions of moments in between those two... but they both are still so fresh in my mind. Engraved in my heart forever.

Dee & KaKa (my godmother and aunt)

Dee with Mammy (my mom)
xoxo
Congratulations to my girl! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment