Monday, May 10, 2010

A Secret...

The big tree whispered a secret sweet

To the warm grass growing at his feet;

And what do you think I heard him say?

"Lilah's two years old today."

The soft grass stirred as the wind went by

And each little blade took up the cry

And told the secret, I grieve to say,

"Lilah's two years old today."

The clover listened and told the bee

Who told the bird in the maple tree,

And the robin sang, in a shameless way —

"Lilah's two years old today."

And this is the way it came to me

Through bee and blossom and bird and tree;

So, why should I keep the secret, pray?

"LILAH'S TWO YEARS OLD TODAY! "

4 comments:

  1. She's a sweetie! Happy birthday, Lilah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Lilah, the sweetest and most beautiful flower in her Mama's garden.

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't hold back the happy tears...thank you for making my big girl's birthday so special.

    xoxo,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete