Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mr. Turtle is Rather Shy

Mr. Turtle is rather shy.

He hides in his house when people
pass by.

(fingerplay - simply make a fist and wiggle your thumb slowly, tucking it back into fist.)

Today after craft time, we took the children outside to play. To our surprise there was a box turtle all tucked away in his shell right outside the nursery school door. It was obvious that my dog had gotten a hold of it - because the poor thing's shell was all scraped up from teeth marks.
I quickly moved him to the front yard and awhile later... he was brave enough to venture out.

The children were going nuts! What a wonderful way to experience nature first hand right outside in our own backyard.

Amazingly, next week begins Turtle Week in my May Childcare Guide. I know it seems silly but I really feel like the universe speaks back to me... sending me signs like this all the time.

At one point, I considered writing a new series of guides.... but when I began the process, I felt like I was redoing something that didn't need to be redone. And, I didn't seem to have it in me like I did before...

So I'm taking that as a sign as well... and for now, I have chosen to leave it be and focus on some other ideas and of course my little school.
Besides some slight shell damage, Mr. Box Turtle was safe and unharmed... and once he saw a safe area to go, he sure moved pretty fast!

How has the universe spoken to you lately? Are you listening?

2 comments:

  1. How amazing that a turtle turned up in your yard as you were getting ready to discuss them! I'll bet the kis really enjoyed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Turtle is just gorgeous :) What a wonderful surprise for the kids!

    ReplyDelete