Among many, our changes have included:
- reducing paper waste by using only cloth napkins at breakfast, lunch and dinner times
- turning our lights off and unplugging/switching off appliances when possible
- keeping our heat down a bit lower than usual
- trying our hand (once again) at veggie gardening - and now.... COMPOSTING!
I purchased this garden compost for our backyard. We are really excited about using it... in order to make it a bit easier on ourselves, we also got this mini kitchen compost bucket to keep under our sink. Each time we cut, peel or scrape we add the biodegradable produce to our bucket to later move out to our garden compost.
They will be sitting in landfills forever....
So thank you, Suzy for this wonderful challenge leading up to Earth Day! I hope the progress doesn't stop with these small changes we've done in blogland.
xoxo
Congratulations Eileen on all your awesome changes! Thank you so much for participating and for all your support!!
ReplyDelete~Suzy
Love your changes! Such simple things, right?! I love this challenge, and hope it continues for most of us that decided to do it! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHi! Where did you find your kitchen compost bucket? I would love to get one like it.
ReplyDeleteI very much enjoy your site. I am learning as much as I can about being a mindful parent. Thanks for all of the information.
PS:I am also in CT!