I've spent some time changing things around a little in our playgarden space and have been trying to bring in some signs of the season. We added a small room in the lower level for when my oldest daughter comes home from college and also to use as a napping space for the babies so it has made our play area a bit smaller than before but I think it is working well for us so far.
I had to get a bit creative with the set-up and even blocked off part of a closet door that we do not use frequently which goes to our crawlspace. The children actually really love this little nook more so now than when the kitchen set was just against the wall. It gives them a place to play separately from the other children and toys.This daycare area has been a lifesaver for having such a big family and running a childcare program at the same time. It also is a wonderful and well-used space for my own daughters in the evening and on weekends to play and do arts and crafts.
I have toyed around with the idea of using the upstairs of my home for childcare instead but I think having a separate space works better for us and keeps everything in one place for the daycare kids to get to.
The little ones love all of the fun things about this time of year... pumpkins, scarecrows and leaves.
After school we sometimes bake our own snack together and my daughters love being the ones to show the small children what to do.
Our garden season is coming to an end. We managed to grow one small pumpkin but the vine died off from frost before it was completely orange so we are ripening it in our window and it is working :)
I'm hoping we can make pumpkin bread together with it. Next year, we hope to have a FEW pumpkins and maybe one big enough to carve. We'll keep trying!
Do you have a separate play area indoors and outdoors for your children? How is it working for you?







No comments:
Post a Comment