We just returned home from a beautiful Autumn visit to Dee's college for Family Weekend. It was so nice for the little girls to get a chance to see where Dee is going to school.
Swarthmore's campus is absolutely beautiful. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen. The campus itself is an arboretum (a tree museum) and the staff and student body hold all plant life in such reverence. It's wonderful and in true Quaker tradition.
Many of the old stone buildings go as far back as the 1920's and are just simply stunning.
We spent all day on Saturday just walking around campus, enjoying the foliage and architecture and each other.
My heart gets so full when I see my four girls together, laughing and being friends. It reminds me of what a precious gift they have of sisterhood. A gift that will follow them into a world way beyond me - one day they will love each other's children and be aunties... they will hopefully call each other when they need a friend... I am so thankful I had four daughters. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
This swing was a HUGE hit and we came back a few times for the girls to enjoy it. What a great place to take a little break from studying and allow yourself to feel free for awhile.
We left Swarthmore just in time to get home and prepare for Hurricane Sandy. We stocked up on food, water and stacked wood for our fireplace. Brian tested out the generator we got for Christmas and we set up mattresses in our basement so we can keep the girls all together and safe in case of any fallen trees (we should have taken a few down last year but never got around to it).
This storm is going to be a big one. I hate having Dee so far away from us. It gives me even more anxiety than the storm alone is giving me. We are prepared and hoping it will move quickly so we can get back to normal as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this will be the second year in a row for us that our girls have had Halloween cancelled because of a storm. I may host a fun costume party after everything passes so they can still celebrate.
For those of you on the east coast, please stay safe and be careful. If Little Acorn Learning is offline for awhile, you know why.
xoxo
what a beautiful college and a lovely visit.
ReplyDeletebe safe!