Saturday, October 20, 2012

Giveaway: Skill It Online Cooking E-Course!!!



Enter to win a FREE spot in this amazing online cooking course by leaving a comment below telling us what you find your biggest obstacle to be around cooking and healthy eating in your home.  We will then choose a winner randomly on October 23rd and announce it here on our blog!  For a second chance to win, sign up for our newsletters:  Skill It Newsletter and Little Acorn Learning Newsletter!

Are you ready to get cooking with your kids in the kitchen? Skill It is delighted to share classroom-tested recipes for delicious, healthy dinners…and your kids will be helping at every step!

In Skill It’s online class for families, Season’s Eatings, you’ll get the tools & inspiration you need to create fun, joy & connection around food and family dinnertime.

Over the course you’ll get an email every Monday for 4 weeks with printable recipes & activities. You can cook at your own pace and give your little chefs the activities whenever it’s convenient for you.

Each week you’ll get:

* 2 Step-by-Step Recipes {8 Total!} for family dinners that tell you which parts your kids can do. Each week includes a kid-friendly, printable shopping list you can take to the store.

* Tips, Games and Fun Activity Sheets to incorporate your kids in the food shopping at grocery stores or farmers’ markets, setting the table, and exploring new cooking techniques.

* Connection to other parents in the Season’s Eatings Facebook Group so you can share questions, successes, and post photos of your finished dishes!

Skill It cooks with kids in schools and community classes and they know how much your little chefs are capable of. Our kids show us time and time again that if they’ve made it, they will eat it!

GOOD LUCK and be sure to check back with us on October 23rd to see who won!!!

19 comments:

  1. My hubby!!! He won't eat vegetables!!!!! Or soup.....but, he's not home during the day, so I would love to healthier foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby!!! He won't eat vegetables!!!!! Or soup.....but, he's not home during the day, so I would love to healthier foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For us it's a combination of me being afraid they won't eat it and a hectic schedule wearing on us and the time we spend in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main obstacles are my lack of planning combined with having a newborn. But my toddler is a great eater and loves helping in the kitchen, so this could be a great way for me to turn things around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main obstacles would be time management and menu planning. I want to cook healthy meals, but I am not great at remembering to make a menu, so I don't always have the ingredients on hand. Also, I often wait until it is almost dinnertime before I start thinking of what to make. That almost always backfires and it frequently cuts down on trying new healthy options

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my biggest obstacle(s) are conflicting nutritional information and managing my time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making time to plan, and boredom with our current repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boredom with our current meals and making time for planning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My main obstacle is keeping my 18mo old happy while I cook. The evening hours are difficult and he is constantly pulling at my pant legs while I try to cook....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time is the root....a single mama of four speaks volumes. Love exploring foods and cooking but wish I had more guidance and support infusing new dishes- from organizing recipes, creating shopping lists, and laying out a week long plan which leaves leftovers to pack for lunches, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting everyone to try new things is my biggest obstacle. We are in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my biggest challenge is time....time to plan the meals, then figuring out what I have and don't have and need to shop for, time to make them, then clean up afterward! In our small apartment it kind of makes me nuts to have the kitchen so packed with stuff on the stove and countertops everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Planning, definitely. And getting my toddler to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. TIME~ hands down! After a full day with twin 3 year olds, I never know when DH will be finished with work. It is frustrating to serve two seperate meals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. TIME~ hands down! After a full day with twin 3 year olds, I never know when DH will be finished with work. It is frustrating to serve two seperate meals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My greatest obstacle is that we live with my in-laws and I feel there are too many critics that I need to face whenever I try to cook something. I am not a good cook and I am still learning so there are definitely lapses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My greatest obstacle is being 25 minutes away from a grocery.

    ReplyDelete