
My daughter and I wanted to make something different to celebrate Valentine's Day - after some fiddling around we ended up with this little Heart Baby.

We started by needle felting two styrofoam balls with red wool roving. I then added a toothpick to join the two together.

We continued needle felting until the wool was firm. Then took a small cutter in the shape of a heart and created a little white heart face.

We attached the face to the body and decided she needed some sleepy eyes

Using pulled out strands of black yarn, we made very simple eyes for our baby.

I love it when we begin working without knowing what we are going to make. This was a simple little craft but my daughter loves it and has now added her new Heart Baby to our dollhouse for Valentine's Day play :)
Your little heart baby is so sweet! This is a lovely Valentine's Day craft. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely doll that your daughter will be sure to treasure now and in future years.
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful-- perfect for Valentine's Day because it's so obviously made with love!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute project.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
I may try felting myself.
Happy Valentines
That is too cute.
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! I'm definitely planning to make one of these this week!
ReplyDelete