Monday, October 25, 2010

The Colors of Autumn

So very beautiful - I love this time of year (how many times have I said that?)... the trees are changing colors - nature is so vocal in its messages to us. Autumn in Connecticut is breathtaking.
One morning, I stepped outside onto the deck and the sound of crows was so intense... it was crazy. I looked up and found them all - sitting in one tree... like they were trying to tell me something very important.

Can you see them all? Then at once - the all just took off! I big black bunch of them into the sky and wind. I wish I was able to get a photo of them all together in the air.
Keira already had a costume party to go to and she has another this coming weekend. So much fun!
In Playgarden, we've been working on all sorts of fun crafts and activities - today we made very simple paper plate pumpkins with watercolor paint and leaves we found outside on our nature walk. We mixed our Stockmar red and yellow and came up with a very perfect orange.
Each pumpkin a little different just like each child in my program.
Sometimes the simplest activities are the most fun.
Halloween is coming when we'll be...
Dressed in funny clothes and then you'll see...
Pumpkins in the windows burning bright...
Oh, we'll have a good time on Halloween Night.
Bobbing for apples, oh, what fun!
Then we'll come a-calling on the run...
Children in their costumes such a sight...
Yes, we'll have a good time on Halloween Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment