Friday, October 8, 2010

Field Trip to the Farm

This past week Brianna and I went on a field trip with her class to a local farm. It was a rainy and dark day but we geared up and had a great time any way.
Its very funny but I've been on this field trip many times before with my other daughters. Having four girls in the same school system can sometimes seem repetitive but I absolutely love this place and the trip is so sweet and well-loved. I'm actually going back AGAIN next week with Maia's class. LOL

Inside they have a children's area set up and they talk to the children about farming and animals. The children can gather eggs into a basket... go on a hayride....


Look at the ducks...
Stand on hay with good friends...

Learn where wool comes from (the farmer used Bree's hat as an example - she really liked that!)

Here we are on our hayride together..enjoy the glimpse as I'm usually the one taking all of the shots!
Raincoat girls :)

The preschool class :)

A few friends ...

One really neat thing they have is a box full of corn kernels for the children to play with. I just LOVE this idea and would like to incorporate it into my home program for the month of October when we are learning about Corn in my guides.

Doing some chores :)

A beautiful cloudy day with my girl. xoxo

What did you do special this week?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    It looks like a lovely day.

    I hope you read this comment, because I couldn't find another way to contact you about Little Acorn Learning. I have down loaded your sample lessons and really enjoyed them, so this month I purchased the 3 day October guide. It seems to be missing the lovely chalk drawing suggestions as well as the finger play suggestions that were in the sample, somewhat dissapointed. Is it because I didn't purchase the 5 day?
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete