
Today we were supposed to make our cornhusk dolls but Ms. Eileen wasn't able to get out soon enough to get our corn!! So instead we made pumpkin rye playdough!

The children worked together to mix all the ingredients - we used rye flour to give our playdough a little fun texture! We also added red and yellow food coloring to make an autumn orange for our dough.

We rolled it and patted it...

The children love it so much. What is so nice about playing with homemade playdough after we make it is that it is still warm - a perfect way to warm little hands on a cold autumn day.

We added some vanilla for a yummy scent and also some dried lavender. The dough had such a nice texture and smelled awesome!

Brianna got creative during naptime and added some pumpkin seeds to decorate her 'baking' with.

It was a great day - then we bundled up and went outside to burn some energy before lunch.

One of the cool things about running a home daycare is that you can knit whenever you find a free moment :)


It was a light day with only three children. Nice but I actually like it better when there are more in the morning. The problem is that when afternoon comes and my own children come home from school... it can get pretty chaotic with everyone needing me for homework, snacks, advice, etc. Balance is not easy to find around here.


Meanwhile I have to get to work on my part of the November Afterschool Guide. I wish I could clone myself :)
For now, I'm trying to enjoy the moments. This is my favorite time of year - I just think it is so beautiful and the weather is exactly how I like it.
xoxo
Hi Supermom :D Love your blog and I visit frequently so I thought it would be nice to come out and say 'Hi!'. Please don't clone yourself. You seem pretty awesome just the way you are. JM xo
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of adding rye flower and lavender for texture (and scent). We'll have to try that.
ReplyDelete