Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Hid(e)away

My sweet girls decided to name their clubhouse 'The Hideaway'...
The funny part is that when Keira made the sign she forgot the 'e' in hideaway... sooo instead of getting frustrated and starting over, she decided to leave it be and write I'm hiding away the letter 'e' - that's my girl!
Kids Only (except for the occasional mom who needs to help get rid of a scary bug or bring snacks or nail signs up...
Here they are at their little table inside. They created a secret club that not even I am allowed to know about :)

We made a little windows so they could peek out and get some light - we've decided to make window shutters of some sort so less bugs will find their way inside.
We may also wallpaper or paint the interior. At first, we left it natural to draw, write notes and decorate with markers but over time the words are fading so maybe a change is in order...
Did you have a secret hid(e)away, clubhouse or treehouse growing up? I wish I did...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the hideaway and yes, I wish I had a hideaway when I was a kid. Being outside was my favorite place to be when I was growing up. You are such a great mother!

    ReplyDelete