Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Playgarden is Open

After a summer break, my little Playgarden is open again. I missed our childcare space and the energy of the children filling it up each day. I had planned on waiting to enroll again for the school year but I received a call from the parents of two children I used to care for since they were very small and they were in a jam without childcare. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them again. It's been so long.We had a lot of fun together - we made simple gnome people to play with.

The children are all over 5 years old so it was a little easier to work on crafts together.
And they all get along so well... it is so peaceful and fun when they are here.

We enjoyed simple things - play dough, cutting, pasting, playing, forts...
Here are a few of our little people...
This one is Rapunzel :) Brianna is in a major Rapunzel phase...

Its so sweet when they make something and then play with it. A full cycle of creation.


We play games - Connect 4...
Vet :)
Bingo..
And we had a lot of fun riding bikes and scooters..
Relaxing and taking it all in :)

Climbing and jumping..
And creating.

It feels good to do hands-on work with the children again. I love my writing too.. very much... but miss applying the work in real life. So this school year, I will work on finding a balance between the two.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I want to be a child in your childgarden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ! i am just stopping by -- i love your blog -- i too provide waldorf childcare from my home and have for a good many years now-- what a peaceful and lovely space you have created here --- peace and light to you as you start a new season of childcare....
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete