Each day the children learn about the natural world around them in our little playgarden - it's so sweet when I can capture a few of the more special discoveries they make. This day, they took out a bag of seashells that my daughters and I found on the beach last summer. Inside the bag, I must have put a few magnifying glasses - wow did that keep them busy for the morning!
Watching the little ones try to use the magnifying glass was just precious.
Then, the very same morning, Miss Eileen noticed some very strange visitors out back...
Wild turkeys coming to see if we've planted our Spring Garden yet! We think they wanted a nibble but we told them to come back in a few weeks when Mr. Sun warms up the ground a bit more.
While I see wild turkeys in our area sometimes, it is almost always in Autumn. And never have they come to me :) I have seen them on the side of the road or walking across our street or in the woods near our home. Rudolf Steiner's teachings indicate that nature is always speaking to us... that there are always signs and messages being sent and to treat everything like a sign, especially with regard to nature. I have always felt this way ever since I was a young child.
"When the turkey visits us it is a sign that we must be mindful of the blessings bestowed upon us each day. Further, it is a message to express our strength and brilliance - it's time to show our own plumage and reveal true selves." - from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-turkey.html
This actually speaks to me very much right now.
What signs and symbols keep coming up in your life?
i love that. looking for signs is such a great way to connect, but seeing them--even better!
ReplyDelete