Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Preparing for St. Paddy's

We've been very busy preparing for St. Patrick's Day - building and painting the leprechaun trap the girls made with their dad


Did you know that leprechauns love the color green as well as yellow (for their gold)?... Keira told me so :)~
My three youngest girls have no doubt that leprechauns are real. They talk about how the leprechauns come and mess up their room, their classroom, their school and cause mischief. Brianna even said that a leprechaun messed up her room yesterday (hmmmmm)...
During school hours we've been celebrating as well... I've had a few requests to post a few photos from our nursery school space so here you go:

This is Jo-Jo - he is very loved...


Kyla's Nanny made us Irish Soda Bread to share for snack on Monday :)~
YUMMY!!!!

We also learned that mixing yellow and blue paint together makes...
Green! Just perfect for St. Patrick's Day!

We'll let you know how that trap works out!
xoxo
Eileen


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! Can't wait to see if any Leprachon's are caught!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this, 'cause I've had a hard time thinking up anything to do to celebrate with my kids...besides eating green spinach. =) Soda bread, green paint, and leprechaun traps, here we come! Thanks Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Printing it out for next year!
    Great day for the Parade - bet you all had fun.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete