Monday, March 15, 2010

16 Years....

I remember the day you came into my world. I was young and afraid but filled with such love and excitement, waiting for you and dreaming of our life together...

When they placed you in my arms, our eyes met and our journey began. It wasn't an easy one. We were on our own - together - and we had obstacles... but more importantly we had love and we shared so many beautiful moments together.

We made it... together - you and I... we navigated through all the ups and downs, the challenges, the joys... sometimes we held on tight, other times we pulled away...

but always there was and always there will be you and me... this beautiful life of ours. I used to read you the book 'We're Very Good Friends, My Mother and I' because that is my hope for us... that we will always be.

Now sixteen years later, you are a young woman... beautiful - intelligent - an animal lover - an amazing friend - a sister - a daughter... so much goodness wrapped up into one person....

Now you have a full life - a big family - lots of little sisters... a mom who loves you so much.... a good, honest man who has sacrificed and chosen you to become his daughter...

And we love you... we love you when its happy, and when its sad... we love you when you are full of life and laughter or when you've had a bad day. We love you when you may not be so sure you even like us... when its not easy to be someone's daughter. We will always love you - and we will ALWAYS be here for you...

You are ours.

And today...

And every day...


We want you to know how much you have added to our lives...

the excitement...

the laughter...

the texture...

the life.


And today, on your sixteen birthday, I am so very grateful....that you chose me sixteen years ago...

and that we became 'us' - together.... through it all.

Happy Sixteenth Birthday, My Dee.
We love you.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is such a heartfelt post Eileen. I bet you had tears welled up in your eyes when you wrote it - I did when I read it.

    Just beautiful,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet outpouring of your heart to your daughter! She's a beautiful and lucky young woman. :)

    ReplyDelete