
The girls were always convinced that the more candy they left the better the surprise would be in the morning. Sometimes it was a fairy type of treasure like you see in these pictures and as they got a bit older it would often be a special toy, doll, art supplies or Lego set.And, don't worry ... I wasn't a mean mom... each girl kept enough candy to enjoy a piece or two when they wanted a treat that week - just not a pillowcase full.
By the way, I heard the fairy visits houses any time after Halloween so you may want to see if she's heading to your neighborhood soon.
xoxo
eileen
I wonder if my boys would go for that?
ReplyDeleteAh, the Candy Fairy. She visited here and left capes for each child plus a matching one for a dolly. Gotta love her!
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful! We had the sugar fairy visit us when my dd was little too, and I didn't know anyone else who knew her!! We didn't see her after Halloween (which we don't celebrate) but just as part of Autumn.
ReplyDeleteAmazing the things a sugar fairy can leave. I may have to check her schedule and see if she's coming for a visit near us. Normally, I just take the candy to work but I bet the sugar fairy would like it more than my coworkers would.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic idea! My kiddo was too young to go this year, but next year will be a different story. And, thanks for the great link to the toymaker!
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous idea....we do gnomes....but I love the boxes!!...if you get a chance would you let me know where you got them???....really, really cute!!
ReplyDeletemkhc511@yahoo.com
sorry, just saw it is the Toymaker....oops....and thanks!
ReplyDelete