The six year olds made larger wooden boats while the younger children made little walnut shell boats with sails.
Then the children waded and walked in the stream and saw many fish as well as tons of crayfish.
I want more than anything in the world to send my girls to this school all the way through 8th grade. It has been a dream of mine and something I keep trying to make happen.
I'm lucky enough to have many daycare parents that do not mind me bringing their child along when I go to bring Brianna to school so it is not entirely out of the question long-term just so expensive and a lot to manage as I will need more children to afford it along with my other bills.
My heart just breaks thinking of Brianna having to leave this sweet school but I am also grateful that she has been able to have the experience even if for a short while. I wish my husband would get on board. It really is the best place for her.
I am going to pray and ask the universe to help me find a way to send my little ones here and hopefully it will somehow work out. If not, I will just continue to work extra hard to bring the beauty of Waldorf into their home life. These sweet little walnut boats were made by melting a beeswax crayon and adding a stick for the sail.
Later the children enjoyed a blessing, snack and a lot of free play on the playground. Sitting and watching I wished all children had this type of Kindergarten experience and I have regrets that my other children did not. It is truly such a gift.
On our way out we found this wonderful tree stump that looked like a little chair. Brianna fit perfectly inside!
Are there any of you out there that also have struggled with trying to make a Waldorf Education a reality for your children? How have you handled it?
xoxo
Oh Eileen! This tugs at my heartstring s so..my 6 year old, Savannah, attended 1 and a half years of our local 'state' school. I have been more seriously interested and involved in Waldorf education throughout our own home childcare setting, and like you-my greatest desire was for my children to attend a Waldorf school. I live about 40 minutes away from our nearest one (there are only 4 in Scotland, so I'm grateful for this one being so 'close' anyway!). The reality, however, was that up until now I didn't see how it could happen for us. Like you, I would have to have more children here to pay for it, plus sort out the travel...well, we went to an Open Day in Feb this year and discovered that there would be a car-pooling option and that the fees are income-based (you say what you can realistically afford, and they will do their utmost to accomodate that-they never turn anyone away, and their staff take a drop in salary in order to be able to offer that). My 6 year old and then 18 month old cried when we had to leave. That settled it. I have seen such an enormous change in my daughter, and in the meantime dio my best to incorporate Steiner education into our days at home. So I guess what I'm saying is-we were in the same boat, and never thought it could happen, but the Universe will listen! Just keep on asking :) Blessing and love from Scotland xx
ReplyDeleteI am homeschooling, that is how a waldorf education is becoming a reality for my daughter. Personally, we can afford a Waldorf school for her, but looking back the most critical years of my life, were 7-12th grade and if anything, that's when we will seriously consider having her attend.
ReplyDelete