Oh sunflower what is the secret thing
You hide in your inmost heart?
When you turn to the sun like a slave to his king
With all your leaves apart!
We were very surprised to find this random Sunflower growing in the garden this morning when we went outside. It must have somehow came from last year's plantings as we didn't plant any this year.

When I carefully opened up the petals to see the inside of the Sunflower - look what we found! A very hungry caterpillar munching away on the entire inside! What an amazing surprise and creative home this little guy found!
This was such a great experience for the children. These simple discoveries with the children are creating a love of nature that will last a lifetime and I am so honored to be a part of it.
What a wonderful find! :)
ReplyDeleteSunflowers are so easy to grow they grown themselves lol I love the way some plants just do things without any old help from anyone - it reminds me just how fussy we are about silly things like planting!
ReplyDelete