This Mother's Day, I wanted to help the children create something new and beautiful for their mommas that could be kept forever. I came up with an idea to do a simple hand craft idea but using felting techniques.
The children each picked out the colors of wool roving they wanted to use for their background and carefully helped me to lay the roving underneath and on top of a piece of jute. We then traced each little ones hand out of a piece of flat felt and added a simple needle felted heart to the center.
After the children filled up the jute canvas with their wool roving creation, I needle felted each one using a four-pronged needle holder until the wool was firm and strong.
I then carefully needle felted the hand on with one needle, making sure all edges were secure to the background felt.
We added a pretty string of wool yarn and were so excited to give these to the mommas when they arrived at pick-up time.
Enjoy this simple way to treasure your child's little hand as they grow.
xoxo
These are beautiful, I can't wait to make these with my kids!
ReplyDeleteSo very cute! What a nice idea!
ReplyDeletethese are so dear Eileen!
ReplyDelete