I took a simple crochet pattern from online and made it into this cute acorn pouch for Squirrels & Nuts week. Keira loved it! Now I'm being asked to make a few more... guess I better get to work!
We sang some new fun songs at circle time and enjoyed so many activities. At the bus stop, my own girls kept a log of how many squirrels they saw and we were on the hunt for the perfect acorn all week.
We left out food for the squirrels :)
And worked on our tree bark rubbings...
I was surprised by how much the older children loved this activity. I think sometimes as our children get older, we feel like we need to give them more all of the time... when what they really crave is less... the simple... time to absorb nature and beauty without complication.
They worked on their rubbings almost the entire play time. The little ones followed the big ones...Autumn is right around the corner and I can't wait!!!






love the necklace.. :)
ReplyDeleteThat necklace is amazing, as is the leaf painting. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI got your email, and I will be sitting down to get back to you this afternoon. Life has been a bit nuts (no pun intended) these last few days.
Beautiful paintings! think I'll do this with ike and Fiona this weekend!
ReplyDeleteWonderful autumn fun!
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes as our children get older, we feel like we need to give them more all of the time... when what they really crave is less... the simple... time to absorb nature and beauty without complication.
ReplyDeleteI think what you said above is so true! And the squirrel necklace is too cute:-) Today is just gorgeous in Massachusetts, heading outside now!
These are so beautiful! Such a wonderful blog, full of inspiration. :)
ReplyDelete