
Our little Maia has turned six years old. Maia-Apple-Pie-A.... Our "pickle". When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she told me a "
Barbie House"... Oh Boy. For those of you who know me... not EXACTLY my style to say the least. I was so lucky to come across this alternative dollhouse. It will fit all sorts of dolls (even the stray Barbie) and at least has a little class and is made out of wood. She really loves it.

It just so happens her top tooth got VERY loose on the same day as her party. You can see in the photos that it is hanging on by a thread and she won't let us touch it. :) I guess it will be there for awhile longer until she is ready to let it go.

To celebrate Maia's birthday we decided to have a pool party for her and also for her cousin Colin who is turning 3 years old. One of my daycare moms creates beautiful cakes on the side and she did this awesome pool party cake for the kids.

They loved it!

We had perfect weather and spent it with good friends and family. Dee invited her best friend over to hang out. I'm so happy she found someone special to connect with... the girls are so close and it just means so much that she has such sweet, kind friends in her life.

Maia wanted to make sure she got the piece with her girl on it... and Colin got the boy piece.

YUM!

I was so busy running around I didn't feel like I really had a chance to sit and enjoy everyone. That's the one thing about hosting a big party - its so much fun but its hard to really enjoy all of the company while preparing, setting up and serving.

Grandma
Nohe is my husband's grandmother and she is 98 years old!!! She's still sharp as a tack and going strong. It is just so amazing what a full, long and wonderful life she has had. She was born the same year as my grandma who passed away in 1995... I was so very close with her and I find myself connecting with Grandma
Nohe just like she is my own. I wish she was here to see the birth of all of my children and spend time at my home celebrating their special days with us too.

We never have a family party without a pinata... its our little tradition and the kids really look forward to it.
Bree

Maia..

and
Keira...

Giving it all they've got.
Happy Birthday Sweet Maia!! We love you so very much.
Happy birthday, Maia! What a fantastic birthday party. ;) It looks like you came up with a wonderful compromise for the Barbie house. (It also makes me feel good to know other parents in the blogiverse sometimes struggle with commercialized toys trying to creep in. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day!! My daughter-due to arrive soon-is also to be called Maia :) What a small world! xx
ReplyDelete