Monday, November 19, 2012

Kite Paper Giveaway from A Toy Garden!

We are so thankful for YOU at Little Acorn Learning!  

To celebrate here is a wonderful Thanksgiving Giveaway from our friends and one of our favorite sponsors, A Toy Garden!  
For 12 years, A Toy Garden has offered an extensive selection of mostly hand-made toys made by the owner, friends in Northern California, around the United States, and around the world. Whenever possible, A Toy Garden purchases directly from the artisans. In general, these toys are made from wood, cotton, wool, silk, and other natural and high-quality materials and are open-ended, leaving lots of room for the child to develop and use his/her own imagination and imitation skills. A few items are just plain fun and A Toy Garden couldn't resist offering them to you. A Toy Garden also buys from a few larger manufacturers that have strong ethical and safety policies whether manufacturing in GermanyUSAThailandCanadaChina, or elsewhere.


FREE Kite Making Paper!!!
This is a block of Kite Paper which is 6 ¼ by 6 1/4" inches big. There are 100 sheets in 10 rainbow colors. This is the perfect size for folding and making starts to hang on the window. The paper is a waxed paper from Germany. Our children love to make extra stars and bring them to neighbors or mail them to far away friends to bring light and love to their homes. Block of paper comes without instructions. Instructions can be found online or in the book Magical Window Stars (available at www.aToyGarden.com)

How to Enter:

1. Become a Facebook Fan of A Toy Garden as well as Little Acorn Learning

2. Leave a Comment Here Answering the Following Question:

What is one Thanksgiving Day childhood memory you have from your youth? 

The Winner will be chosen on Friday, November 23rd and Announced On Our Blog Here utilizing a Random Number Generator to Pick the Winner.

Good Luck!!!!

15 comments:

  1. I remember my dad getting so excited for us to all watch the Macey's parade, he would always love it when Santa made an entrance.=D. Lee Hamzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had good family friends that lived very far away. Every year they would come visit us or we would go visit them for Thanksgiving. 4 adults 6 girls. The 6 of us would create a play every single year to perform for the adults. My favorite was one we called "Idiots on Ice" In our shoes we would 'skate' on a tiny ice patch/pond and bump into each other. That was the entire play. I had bruises for weeks but it was worth the slapstick humor and that play has survived as my favorite play ever performed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting at the "kid's table" and being silly with my cousins :) That, and the FOOD !!! Thank you for this chance to win the beautiful kite paper !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandparents coming over. Good china and tablecloth in dining room. Being together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved lazing around in my pajamas, watching the thanksgiving day parade on tv and sipping eggnog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every year without fail, we would look forward to the turkey dance... My mother, before stuffing the turkey in the morning, would dance the slippery thing across the counter and.around the kitchen holding it by its wings and dancing its legs with a "clack clack clack" across the surface. We giggled and shrieked like crazy when she danced it towards us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was young, we used to get very excited to watch the parade. We didn't watch a lot of TV, but it was one thing we did watch, and it was always fun to see the inventive floats.

    Alainn.aingeal (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember standing with my grandma in her small kitchen, "helping her" cook, eating way too many olives and watching her busily preparing dinner. It was a safe, warm, and happy place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my mom decorating the house with autumn and Thanksgiving decorations. We still use little cloth pilgrims and native americans and a turkey that my mom set out in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanksgiving is time for family! my fondest memory is being at my grandparents house with all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and parents of course. And my grandmothers minced meat pie! I can still smell it! Thank you for bringing this back to my mind

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved taking a family walk after dinner. It's ironic for me to reflect on this right now...as I think about this memory, taking a walk got us away from the TV. Today, we rarely have it on in my home. Interesting how even back then, I didn't like it on, but just didn't know! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taking a walk with the family after dinner.
    It's funny to reflect on this now, as I can see that taking a walk got us away from the TV. Today, we rarely have it on in my home. Interesting how even back then I didn't like it, I just didn't know. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember going to my Mammaw's house. All throughout the day all of the extended family would come over. We spent all day over there preparing the food and enjoying each other's company. Now that my pappaw has died and others have moved away, it's definately different, but the same feeling of togetherness and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For many years, we would drive south on 95 to South Carolina to visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving. I remember being excited to visit South of the Border and picking pecans from my grandparents yard.

    ReplyDelete