
There is a sense of pride you feel when you are a girl growing up in a family of heroes like these men. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been so extremely proud to be the daughter of my father and I have always loved to talk about the work that he did in his life.
Now to see my brothers following his footsteps fills me with the same feeling of pride and, of course, concern... On my way to Madison Square Garden for Kevin's ceremony, I passed by many of the fire stations and police departments who were the first responders on 9/11 - some who never came back. These men and women put their life on the line daily and watching 1600 new recruits sign up for the job that day really just blew me away - and this was only ONE graduation of the year...






Congratulations to your brother and your entire family. We are fortunate to live in a country where when we need help, we know a person in uniform will always give it to us.
ReplyDeleteYour brother and family are a blessing for which I am grateful.
I am glad to have found your blog too :)