
Today I taught Maia how to knit. She is such a sweet girl and so easy to teach.

She is patient and listens. She picked it up in 10 minutes and has been knitting ever since.

She LOVES it!

I love watching my girls spending time like this together... I can imagine them as mothers themselves one day knitting for their own children or even teaching other children to knit. I love that, in my life with tasks like these, I can send a piece of me and my love into a future that they will live in. It's a spiral of love that begins now and winds its' way to them in a future far, far away from here and now. One that I may or may not see... but a piece of me will be there - starting from now...

Brianna is my last little girl left to teach how to knit. She'll have to wait until she is closer to seven, but for now my Keira taught her step by step how to finger knit and she loves having her own special yarn to take out when the other girls are working on their projects.

xoxo
I wish I knew how to knit. I would love to create lovely things for my girls and for them to learn to create them as well.
ReplyDeletei wonder if you think it's easier to learn on smaller needles. my 6 yaer old was struggling a big, and maybe I should try a smaller needle...
ReplyDelete