Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Setting Up Scenes for Children

I sometimes forget how important it is to set up playscenes for the girls. This morning we did our circle and nature walk and came inside for soup. Then Maia was really at a loss for what to do with herself. It's easy for parents to become frustrated that children aren't playing with their things at times like that (that was the first thought that came into my mind). Then I had another thought... I spent 5 minutes setting up a few silks and toys to create a scene for Maia and that's all it took for her to spend hours playing. An otherwise boring morning turned into a fairy fantasy land with nameless adventures while I did my best to work on the last week of my February guide. I'm going to try to set aside a few hours per week to better plan out things like this as well as our meals. Stay tuned.





2 comments:

  1. Can you PLEASE tell me where you got this awesome playset and what it is called?This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! The treehouse is from threesisterstoys.com - the horses are from Anne Moze? on ebay - the fairies are from hmmm Hearth Song or Magic Cabin maybe? silks - dunno... oh boy I dont know! I hope this helps a little.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete